You may have heard the term “hyperbaric chamber” but aren’t exactly sure what it is or what its purpose is. Hyperbaric chambers deliver pure oxygen in an environment where the air is pressurized to be two to three times more than normal. This allows your lungs to gather much more oxygen than at a normal air pressure. Hyperbaric chambers are used for a variety of reasons.
- The enhanced oxygen that a hyperbaric chamber provides increases the circulation of oxygenated blood to damaged tissues. This encourages the growth of new blood vessels which promote healing for traumatic injuries. It also helps in treating wounds that will not heal due to poor blood circulation.
- Damage From Radiation. While radiation treatment for cancer patients is effective, it also causes damage to blood vessels. Hyperbaric chambers can help counteract the damage by encouraging the body to grow new capillaries and generate new cells more quickly in the affected areas.
- Carbon Monoxide Poisoning. When carbon monoxide is inhaled, it glues to hemoglobin, which prevents oxygen from being delivered to cells and tissues. Hyperbaric chambers force oxygen into the blood plasma, restoring oxygen to all areas of the body.
- When a stroke occurs, the brain is deprived of oxygen, which can lead to permanent brain damage and loss of function. Hyperbaric chambers can help revitalize the tissues and encourage the production of new cells.
- Anemia occurs when the body does not have a sufficient number of red blood cells. This causes a deficiency in the oxygen that tissues receive and leads to weakness, fatigue, and pallor. Hyperbaric chambers increase oxygen levels in hemoglobin, plasma and tissue and a return to health after a series of treatments.
The benefits of treatment in hyperbaric chambers are varied and many, and the aforementioned are just a few. Our team at Pure-Line Plumbing can install hyperbaric chamber piping. If you would like more about hyperbaric chamber piping, please give us a call today!